Why Hire an Arborist?
The Tree Company is led by CT licensed and International Society of Arboriculture certified arborists. that are schooled and trained in all of the latest techniques in arboriculture. Often trees can be treated via a wide variety of techniques such as:
- Selective pruning & trimming
- Insect and disease control
- Cabling & bracing
A licensed arborist is someone who dedicates themselves to their profession via a program of learning in their field. The license signifies that a person is capable of evaluating and caring for your trees and property holistically so that your needs for safety, tree health, shade, vistas & aesthetics are balanced.
How do you price an estimate?
What about your liability and worker's compensation coverage?
A liability insurance policy must specifically cover tree work or a claim for property damage might be rejected. For example, if a liability policy is written for landscape service, a claim for damage to property caused by the felling of a tree and/or the equipment used in its removal might be rejected.
The Tree Company also carries Worker’s Compensation insurance for it’s owners and employees. In the event that a worker is injured on your property Worker’s Compensation will cover his expenses while he is injured. The injured worker cannot seek damages against the property owner if they are covered by Worker’s Compensation.
If a tree company does not carry Worker’s Compensation insurance an injured worker may sue the tree company and the property owner for damages.
What type of equipment do you have?
When can you schedule my tree work?
Do I need to be home when you are doing my tree work?
What are my payment options?
Do you have to bring equipment on my lawn?
Why do you ask about my septic system?
Do you remove wood and chip brush?
Do you provide references?
Can you determine if a tree can be saved or if it will fall?
What is the value of trees?
- Shade and wind buffering provided by trees reduces annual heating and cooling costs by
2.1 billion dollars.
- A healthy tree can increase your property value by as much as 27 percent while trees with dead
branches, hollow cavities and other problems can decrease your property value.
- Trees properly placed around buildings/homes can reduce air conditioning needs by 30%.
- A mature tree removes 70 times more pollution than a newly planted tree.
- A healthy tree can have a value of up to $10,000.
- Each average-sized tree provides an estimated $7 savings in annual environmental benefits, including
energy conservation and reduced pollution.
- A single tree produces approximately 260 pounds of oxygen per year – that means two mature trees
can supply enough oxygen annually to support a family of four.
- One tree can absorb as much carbon in a year as a car produces while driving 26,000 miles.